A private label, also called a private brand or private-label brand, is a brand owned by a company, offered by that company alongside and competing with brands from other businesses. A private-label brand is almost always offered exclusively by the firm that owns it, although in rare instances the brand is licensed to another company. The term often describes products, but can also encompass services.

The most common definition of a private label product is one that is outsourced, in which a firm is contracted to make a product under another name. However, it can also define products made in retailer-owned firms. For example, in 2018, The Kroger Company had 60% of its private brands produced by third parties; the remaining 40% was manufactured internally by plants owned by Kroger. Private-label producers are usually anonymous, sometimes by contract. In other cases, they are allowed to mention their role publicly.